Addiction to Shrink Plastic 101 with SusanSaturday, June 30th 10 am - 12:30 pm
We make it easy for you to sign up! Simply call us at 858/513-8024 to save your spot!
Saturday, June 30, 2012 • 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Rcommended for ages from about 12 and up, no previous experience necessary!
Learn all the basic ins and outs of artist's grade shrink plastic and some basic jewelry making in this technique-based class. Students will sand, stamp, color, cut, and heat their way to create fabulous pieces plus gain tons of ideas for future projects! Shrink plastic lends itself to many artsy crafts including scrapbook elements, card making, and kid crafts, just to name a few.
Basic jewelry techniques during the class include how to use pre-made findings, proper opening and closing of jump rings, and how to add beads with basic wire wrapping.
Everyone will encouraged to finish at least one piece but this is a process class and students are invited to make as many pieces as they have time for. Each kit always has extra supplies plus step by step notes to ensure each student can make other items after the class. (And Susan says you'll want to!)
Teacher will provide a kit for each student that includes:
- Shrink plastic sheets, definitely enough for the stated project and a little bit to take home
- Sand paper
- Miscellaneous jewelry findings for project
- Sticks and Q-tips
- Other miscellany as needed for project
Students should bring:
- A basic jewelry tool kit to include:
- Rosary (or round nose) pliers
- Flat pliers straight or bent nose
- Wire cutters
- Sharp detail scissors
- StazOn ink pad in black
- Ink cleaning solution
- Black Sharpie or Copic marker
- Any of your favorite rubber stamps
- Silicone craft mat
- Embossing heat gun
Susan will bring to share:
- Miscellaneous supplies
- Rubber stamps
- All different kinds of coloring media
- Jewelry tools
- Heat proof areas for shrinking
- Other items as needed for the project