Introduction to Resin with Susan
Saturday, June 30th 1:30-4:30 pm
We make it easy for you to sign up! Simply call us at 858/513-8024 to save your spot!
Saturday, June 30, 2012 • 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Recommended for ages from about 14 and up, no previous experience necessary!
Ever curious about how that two part resin stuff works? In this technique workshop we will learn how to safely measure and mix, tips on the use of commercial trays and molds, maybe also some recyclables, plus proper pouring. Learn the strategies for sealing your pictures correctly, figure out how many things can be mixed or imbedded (which will make you crazy with ideas!) and how to get it to cure a little faster. The possibilities with resin are endless! Using paper materials everyone will make fun collaged pieces.
Susan will provide a kit for each student that includes:
- Two part epoxy resin, definitely enough for the stated project and a little bit to take home
- Mixing cups
- Mixing sticks
- Plastic or latex gloves
- Drinking straw
Please bring to class:
- Sharp detail scissors
- Safety glasses (if you have them, Susan will have some to share)
- Apron and/or long sleeve shirt for skin protection
- Any of your favorite paper ephemera, clip art or photos, laser printed ONLY! (Susan will have some to share)
- Any other fun items you may want to imbed into the resin coating (buttons, small toys, charms, glitter, dried flowers, the list is endless!)
- Small box to carry things home in (the resin will be wet and you just need something to protect your vehicle)
- Silicone craft mat
- Embossing heat gun
Susan will bring to share:
- Safety glasses
- Miscellaneous supplies to complete the project
- All kinds of paper ephemera
- Extra little things for embedding
- Boxes and containers for you to take home projects
Supplies necessary to complete project are included in the class kit. Extra supplies will be available to purchase.