"Sockimals w/ Susan and Adalee B" - Monday, June 18, 2012 • 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Crazy creatures and sock monkeys that you can make!
Recommended ages: from 10 to 100! This a great "Mommy or Granmommy and me" class!
(sok"-a-mal), noun: A sock that changes into something else, a sock the yearns to be an animal or creature, a member of the sockimal kingdom! (Includes monkeys, bunnies, cats, and imaginary creatures!)
In this fun and easy class you will learn how to make different creatures, all with a pair of socks. Starting with the traditional sock monkey we will form a pattern and hand sew our creatures. Each one will end up with its own personality! We will guide you through construction step-by-step and you will have printed instructions to take home after the class.
Please bring to class:
- Socks: at least one pair, you're welcome to bring more and work on as many as you have time for
- Needles: hand sewing and embroidery needles
- Scissors for fabric cutting
- Sewing and embroidery thread: since we will be hand sewing you can use your embroidery threads for the entire project, please bring a few different colors
- Small fabric or trim scraps: knit and stretchy fabrics are recommended, recycle your t-shirts or laundered socks that don't have mates!
- Assorted buttons or other items that remind you of eyes, noses or other adornments
- Poly-fil: a small bag is plenty
- Stuffing tool: knitting needles or chopsticks work great
Teacher will provide: the only thing Susan and Adalee B. will not have are socks! We will bring an assortment of all the other items above in case anyone forgets something or needs extras!
$24, mommies/adults. $10, me/kids.